A slight update. I have distributed a preview of the Mac version to a couple of users for testing. So far I haven’t heard of any issues, and I haven’t experienced any myself either. I am currently working on getting the Windows version ready as well.
So, work still in progress, ironing out a few issues. Hoping to get a packaged Mac version out in a week or so. Sorry about the delay, but life and bread-and-butter work sometimes gets in the way.
If you’ve used Tubulator within the last month or so, you’ve probably ended up disappointed. Most notably, downloading from Youtube does not work due to changes in its format, and other services needs some love as well.
I decided to make some changes in the way that the application resolves the downloadable media URLs. In particular, the coming version will rely on a third party helper binary, which does its job extremely well. That will allow me to focus on the many features I’ve been wanting to implement, as well as the features you guys has been asking for.
Currently the download functionality works in my development version, and I’ve just finished the feature to automatically download/update the 3rd party helper binary. After this, I need to do some more testing and finishing touches, as well as upgrade the application to use a more recent version of Qt on Windows. This is already done in the Mac version. Also, I’m quite certain that from this release and onward there will no longer be a 32 bit version.
One to two weeks should take me to a point where I can publish the new versions with confidence. Please stay patient.
Cheers, Jan / The Tubulator guy
If you are holding cryptocurrencies like BitCoin, LiteCoin, Monero or Ethereum, I am pleased to announce that you can now purchase a Tubulator license in any of those currencies – or in one of the many other currencies supported by CoinPayments.
Of course, PayPal is still supported as well.
Perhaps you’re looking at this, wondering whether Tubulator is still being supported and actively maintained.
I am currently working on revamping the networking code for better performance and for supporting more services. Expect an update soon, which will be followed by fixing the DailyMotion support, as well as implementing plugins for my TODO list of services. Also, I finally got around starting on the documentation.